JumpStart Monday: How You Can Use the Power of Believing to Create Success in Your Life!
How did the power of believing play in the upset win of the VCU basketball team’s win over the mighty Kansas University in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament? The Kansas U. basketball team were heavy favorites to beat VCU and win the championship. However, there was one little problem: the VCU basketball players believed they could beat Kansas and they did!
As I listened to the VCU coach’s pre-game speech, I realized he was using the power of believing to achieve this monumental victory. The following are the five power of believing secrets VCU used to motivate the team to victory:
1. Believe in Your Success – Take the time to break through the barriers that may be holding you back from achieving your success. The “experts” said that VCU shouldn’t even be in the tournament; much less win the game against Kansas. What so called “experts” are holding you back from your success?” Eliminate the naysayers and negative people for whom your failure is their success. Take the time to develop the belief you can be successful in your life.
2. Visualize Your Success – The VCU coach asked his team to visualize what it would look like when they defeated Kansas. He asked them to visualize seeing the scoreboard with the winning score, how they would be celebrating their victory, how their fans would react, and how they would personal feel emotionally with the victory.Take the time to visualize your success everyday! You can start with something challenging and visualize how you can successful achieve your success. It could be a project, a presentation, a coaching, or a personal relationship. Involve as many senses as possible so that your visualization is realistic and vivid. Visualize the positive outcome and how you would feel.
3. Plan Your Success – Invest in the time to plan the steps to developing an unshakeable belief in your success. The VCU coach told his team about the different Kansas U. challenges they would encounter during the game. He also explained to the team how they would need to react to these challenges so that VCU would be successful.
Have you developed your plan for success? You will also encounter many challenges to achieve your success. Have you taken the time to develop you’re A, B, and C plans for defeating the challenges in your life? The successful people always do.
4. Enlist Help for Your Success – The VCU coach told the team that in order for them to win the game they must act as one team helping each other. He asked them to work together and merge their unique talents so that they are more powerful as one.
Who is your team and are you working with them? Develop your team of like-minded, positive people who will work with you to help you achieve your success. This team or “mastermind” group will merge their unique talents to win as a team.
5. Act Now! – The VCU coach asked the team to give 110% and “leave everything on the floor.”
Are you taking the steps to giving 110% and “leave everything on the floor” to achieve your success? We can plan, visualize, believe, and develop a mastermind group all we want. The most important ingredient is…action. Take the steps today to start your journey to developing a more successful future.
I challenge you to apply the success step mentioned above so that you can develop an unshakeable belief in success. For additions success resources go to Believe in Your Success.