Motivation: Develop the Environment for Success
Motivation is an ongoing challenge in the workplace. Priorities change, new barriers appear, and life’s challenges get in the way of staying motivated. In order to provide employee motivation and achieve outstanding success, you must consistently work at it.
The following are five motivation techniques to keep your employees motivated even during the most challenging times:
- Create Exciting Goals – Motivate your employees by connecting your organization’s goals to the needs of your employees. If your employees feel their actions will benefit the organization and their own best interests, your employees will be motivated to achieve your goals. Include your employees in the goal setting process so they have ownership in making the goals.
- Communicate the Big Picture – As a leader and motivator, you need to use every opportunity to share your organization’s mission, goals, and values. This motivates your employees to stay focused on the overall picture. They will better understand why they are taking actions for the organization. Your employees will also understand how they make a difference.
- Embrace Change – Motivate your employees by being excited about the changes happening in your organization. Nothing is more demoralizing than a leader not being happy about the changes and not taking ownership for implementing the changes. Take the time to understand the benefits of your organization’s changes and how you can successfully implement those changes with your employees on board. Communicate excitement about this new opportunity and how they will benefit from the change. Take the time to solicit your employee’s ideas, feelings, and suggestions. Motivate your employees, whenever possible, by informing them about the actions you have taken based on their feedback and suggestion. This will excite your employees to know that they are making a difference in the organization.
- Use Adversity to Motivate Your Team – There will be adversity in any organization. Our success depends on the way we can motivate our team to handle any adversity. Employee motivation depends on communicating that you believe in their ability to deal with the adversity. Your number one job is to provide the motivation that will inspire your employees to defeat whatever adversity comes your way. Include your employees in the solution creation process. Share as much detail as possible with your team. When any leader says, “It is need-to-know,” your teams feels they are not included in creating the solution. Motivate them by stressing that the team bonding together will gain success.
- Motivate by Being Ahead of the Curve – Employee motivation is not about seeing your employees as they are now. It is about seeing your employees for what they can become. Share with your employees the potential you see in them. Give them specific steps to achieve that potential.
Motivation is an ongoing process. An outstanding leader realizes this and works to motivate their employees every day. Make the investment to apply the above motivation techniques and you will experience exceptional success in your organization.
– See more at: http://www.thesykesgrp.com or contact us at email@example.com