Social Media Marketing Seminar for Small Business Owners
Social media marketing is an important part of the entrepreneur’s toolbox. As an entrepreneur, you need to “break through the noise” so that you can promote your products or services and grow your bottom line.
By using social media in your marketing mix, it increases your opportunity for success. Yet, many entrepreneurs continue to use only 20th century marketing techniques to sell their products or services. They lose out on market-share opportunities everyday!
Some of the marketing secrets that Ed will share with you are:
- How to develop a marketing strategy that creates a growing list of customers
- What is the best social media platform to promote your product, service, and business
- How to use search engine optimization to drive traffic to your website
- How to use Facebook to grow your mailing lists
- How to use Pinterest to increase sales
- How to use video marketing to increase your customer base
- What are the new social media trends that can help your business
And much, much, more!!!
Space is limited. RSVP by 11/10 at 757-382-8040 or go to http://bit.ly/esbusinessmarketing
Presentation Skills: Tom Magliozzi the Master of Engaging the Audience
Presentation and audience engagement skills are required from every presenter. Especially if your audience can’t see you. We lost a master at that today. Tom Magliozzi, one of public radio’s most popular personalities, died on Monday of complications from Alzheimer’s disease. He was 77 years old.
This is not the usual post that I put on my blog, but it is well worth it. Tom, along with his brother Ray, was a great radio presenter and humorist, Tom would downplay the enormous talent he had to connect with his audience. Many of my public speaking students can learn from the presentation skills techniques used on his show, Car Talk on NPR.
Here’s what presentation skills I learned from Tom:
- Engaged the audience
- Make people laugh
- Let the “real you” come out
- Leave your audience with a cliff hanger
- Have fun
Rest in peace Tom. I am sure you are making everyone laugh in heaven.
Enjoy the following audio clip about Tom at http://www.npr.org/2014/11/03/357428287/tom-magliozzi-popular-co-host-of-nprs-car-talk-dies-at-77
Motivational Video: Take No Days Off for Success!
The following motivation video shares the success secrets for achieving more in life. This motivational video will give you the courage and motivation to overcome obstacles in your life.
It was filmed in my son’s gym, Great Game Athletics. My son Chris is also in the film (wearing the black shirt).
What nuggets of motivational wisdom can you receive from this success video? Enjoy this motivational video and get motivated!
Leadership Skills: Ten Leadership Secrets for Every Successful Leader
Great leaders exhibit common qualities on a daily basis when working with their team. These leadership qualities motivate their team members to work toward a common goal and help the organization achieve its goals.
In this leadership article, you will learn the common qualities of a great leader. The following are ten leadership qualities you can apply on a daily basis:
- Motivate Action – Great leaders inspire their employees to take action. They communicate what the situation is, what the solution is, and what action steps need to be taken to achieve the goal. Before the final solution is taken, the true leader asks their employees what solutions they might have and what action steps they would take. Leaders realize they do not have a monopoly on ideas and the more they can get ownership of the solutions from the employees, the more the employees will be inspired to take action.
- Create a Positive Environment for Success – Great leaders realize that a positive work environment starts from the top down. They convey an optimism that is contagious throughout the organization. They communicate a positive attitude toward their employees and the opportunities that face them. Leaders also work with “negative employees” to educate them on why it is beneficial for them to be positive for their personal well-being, as well as the organization’s welfare.
- Communicate Clearly – Leaders work at being good communicators. This means not only being able to speak well, but also being a good listener. Leaders realize that by listening to their employees, they can come up with solutions which are sometimes better than their own solutions. Leaders also realize that by listening well they can eliminate conflict in the workplace. They also constantly work to communicate the mission, goals, and values of the organization. Leaders provide two-way communication with their employees to ensure they are reaching the goals of the team.
- Support Their Employees – Effective leaders nurture and support their employees through their mistakes while immediately rewarding them for their achievements. They take the time to immediately and publicly reward their employees while showing the respect of coaching the employee in private. Outstanding leaders support their employees by making sure they have the resources available to be successful.
- Make Timely Decisions – Effective leaders quickly evaluate the information or situation and make a decision based on the information in front of them. They don’t form committees to evaluate what other committees are going to do. Like the Nike commercial says, “Just Do It,” and make the decision to act. Leaders always realize that the situation can change and they can adapt to the new situation. Being decisive will gain trust from your employees that you can take them where they want to be to be successful. (To read the rest of the article, go to Ten Secrets)